The key features of the Avalon College curriculum are:
- Developed in line with the Victorian government guidelines for teaching English as a Second Language
- Personalised to meet the individual needs of our students
- A special focus on a range of writing styles commonly used in Australian schools
- Morning classes focus on the development of the four macro-skills of reading, writing, speaking, listening and development of English grammatical knowledge
- Afternoon classes focus on using these skills in an integrated approach in mathematics, science and Australian culture classes. Other afternoon classes include a reading program, individual tutorials and writing sessions
- A regular reporting system and testing syllabus keeps families and schools informed of a student's progress, performance and preparation for entry into an Australian school
Click here to download a sample timetable.