Parents or guardians sometimes wish to take their child out of Avalon College for the weekend, or on one day over the weekend. This is called a Student Exeat.
Avalon College has a careful procedure for student exeats, which ensures that students are under the care and protection of parents and guardians when they are away on the weekend.
PROCEDURE FOR STUDENT EXEATS
If you would like your child to leave Avalon College for the weekend, both you and your child need to do the following;
- Fill in an Exeat Form and give it to the Head of Boarding by 9:00pm Tuesday evening
- Arrange for your guardian or parents to email or fax the 'Duty of Care' form to Avalon College
Parent Guardian Procedure
Parents/Guardians must complete and email or fax the Duty of Care form with the following information;
- where the student is going,
- who they are going with,
- how they will get there; and
- what their plans are.
The Duty of Care form must be received by Wednesday 9:00pm
If the parents/guardians do not email or fax the form before Wednesday 9:00pm the student will not be able to go on the exeat.
Avalon College as Guardian
If Avalon College is guardian, the student must speak to the Head of School or Head of Boarding to get their permission to exeat for the weekend. When Avalon College is guardian for a student then the rules are as follows.
- Students can meet with the Head of School or Head of Boarding and request to go on a day exeat shopping in Geelong, not Melbourne.
- Students cannot go on overnight exeats.